Blog Posts in 2013

  • 4-Sep-2013

    What are My Rights as a Father?

    One very common question that we get from clients here at the firm is, "What are my rights as a father?" Over the years the answer to this question has become much clearer and can stand in court. In Missouri today, fathers have the same ...
  • 29-Aug-2013

    A Closer Look at The Reynolds Law Firm, LLC

    Have you been served with divorce papers? If you or your spouse is considering filing for divorce, then you are probably feeling a plethora of mixed emotions. Divorce is a tough decision and the process can be difficult if you don't know how to ...
  • 1-Jul-2013

    Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Gay Marriage

    Just last week on Wednesday June 26, the Supreme court denied prop 8, calling it unconstitutional and ruled in favor of gay rights in California. By striking down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) federal law allowing same sex marriage in ...
  • 7-Jun-2013

    What are the Benefits of Uncontested Divorce?

    Looking for a way to simplify the divorce process? According to recent studies, approximately 95% of divorce cases today are uncontested. With an uncontested divorce there is no need to pay court fees and attorney litigation costs because your case ...
  • 24-May-2013

    Need a Lawyer for an Annulment Case in Kansas City?

    Are you looking for an alternative to divorce? Every family situation is unique and divorce may not be the right option for everyone. For some couples legal separation is appropriate, but for others, they want to see the marriage pronounced invalid. ...
  • 16-May-2013

    How Do I Modify a Court Order?

    Under Missouri family law, the only person who can legally alter an existing court order is a family law judge. This means that if the parents try and come up with their own agreement outside of court, it will not be considered legally sound. Whether ...
  • 16-Apr-2013

    How Do I Enforce a Court Order?

    When another party fails to abide by the terms and conditions of the family court order, there are ways to enforce the order and to petition the court to force the other party's compliance. By informing the court that the other party is not ...
  • 2-Apr-2013

    Will I Lose My Children in a Divorce?

    The main concern of either party when facing a divorce, is whether or not they will lose their children in the process. This is obviously a common fear because parents naturally want to keep their children close. The truth of the matter is that ...
  • 29-Mar-2013

    Ruling over the parental rights of same-sex couples by the Supreme Court of Kansas

    The Supreme Court of Kansas recently ruled in Frazier v. Goudschaal, No. 103, 487 ( http://www.kscourts.org/Cases-and-Opinions/opinions/SupCt/2013/20130222/103487.pdf ) that children born via reproductive technologies (i.e. artificial insemination) ...
  • 8-Feb-2013

    Government Wants Sperm Donor to Give Child Support

    Can a sperm donor be obligated to pay child support ? That is the question a Kansas man is asking after the Kansas government is seeking him out to pay ongoing child support because of a sperm he donated about 4 years ago. The donor, W.M., became ...
  • 4-Feb-2013

    10 Helpful Tips for a Smooth Divorce

    Need a lawyer for a divorce case in Kansas City, MO? The divorce process is never easy, but the journey will all depend on what your perspective and approach is. For some people, the divorce is gruesome and unpleasant for everyone involved because ...

Request Your Initial Case Evaluation

Send My Information