First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to consider our firm for your legal needs. Choosing a lawyer can be very scary and can have long-term impacts on you and your family. Many people have the same questions whether they are looking to hire a family lawyer, personal injury lawyer, or estate planning lawyer. Will he learn about me and what my motivations are? Will he protect my interests as well as my family’s? Will he take the time to make sure I understand? Does he care?
I practice law to serve. I practice law to help others facing tough challenges. And I love it.
I was born and raised in Kansas City. After college, I chose to live here to start my family. My career started in IT where I worked for several years. I still find myself getting calls from family and friends having trouble with their computer or wi-fi or printer (printers are my kryptonite). Like many of us, I began looking at my path and wanted something more. The more I thought about my path, the more I wanted to be a lawyer. Beginning in 2010, I operated my own firm where I predominantly helped my clients through the stress and anxiety of bankruptcy.
Like so many of us, my hopes and dreams turned out to be very different from real life. I found myself looking for a lawyer for my own divorce. Yes, lawyers need lawyers too. I faced a great number of challenges as I was getting divorced. What is going to happen to my son and daughter? Will I get to see them? Where will we live? Am I all alone? What happens if I die? Is there a plan for my children? How will they be looked after? Fortunately, I got to see good lawyers that helped me through the process and helped me understand what steps I needed to take.
What my own divorce did the most was open my eyes. I developed a deep sense of empathy for those going through their very real struggles. This is where I serve. This is where I can help you through your challenges. I pride myself on taking the journey with you. I will be your advocate and will fight for your interests, but I will also focus on you and your family’s long-term health and well-being.
Outside the office, you will likely find me at one of kids’ activities. I miss the days of coaching the baseball team, judging swim meets, and that comes with those things, but I love the memories of watching my kids grow. I love sports, with a special love for the Royals. Yes, I’m the one that still follows them during the 100 loss seasons.
- Juris Doctor, University of Missouri-Kanas City School of Law, 2009
- Master of Business Administration, Baker University, 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Loyola University-New Orleans, 1996
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019
- The Kansas City Business Journal, Best of the Bar 2018
- Missouri, 2009
- Kansas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 2009
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, 2010
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (“KCMBA”)
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, 2018
- Missouri Bar Association
- “Debtor’s Rights Under Federal Law” Continuing Legal Education for KCMBA, 2018
- “Your Client’s Ex Filed for Bankruptcy – What Now? Bankruptcy for the General Practitioner”, Continuing Legal Education for the Missouri Bar Association, Solo/Small Firm Conference, 2017
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning
- Durable Powers of Attorney